Herzlich Willkommen beim
Welcome to the Germanic-American Institute
We are a Minnesota non-profit whose mission is to foster appreciation and understanding of the culture, language, arts, and ongoing history of the German speaking peoples through public educational and cultural programs.
GAI auf einen Blick
- authorizer of the Twin Cities German Immersion School
- a community dedicated to preserving our roots while looking to the
future by offering:
- a language school for adults and children
- Kinderstube German immersion preschool
- cultural programming throughout the year
- fun monthly membership gatherings
We invite you to come be part of our ever-growing community.
Easter Egg Hunt
Saturday, April 19, 10am
for kids 7 and under
Come early for breakfast at Kaffeestube and stay for the family fun! Help us raise the $8,000 needed to purchase a new piece of equipment for the GAI playground.
Children will search outside on the GAI grounds for eggs filled with either candy or coins, which they can then use to purchase fun items at our special Osterladen (Easter store). The event will be conducted in English and German, allowing kids an opportunity to use their German language skills. A limited number of eggs will also include a certificate for a prize for parents. Examples of donated prizes include:
- Authentic German Kuchen, Torten, and other baked goods
- Bottles of German wine
- Paulaner gift baskets and t-shirts
- Food and drink vouchers for Deutsche Tage (June 14-15)
Spring Culture Series:
Germany: Promise and Challenges
Thursday, April 24, 7-8:30pm
Free and open to the public
We are pleased to have former German Honorary Consul Dr. Heino Beckmann join us for the final installment of our Spring Culture Series. This talk will focus on the economic and social challenges Germany has faced since reunification, including joining the European Union and the Eurozone and once again becoming a major player in global affairs. More...